HACK THE SYSTEM with the MAKER ED Initiative @DMNSJUNE 12-14
Do you want to MAKE your school or classroom or school more …. ?
effective | engaging | happy | purposeful | filled with learning | fun!
This summer, MAKE it so! Design with some of the best makers and teachers in the world (or at least across Colorado) at the Maker Ed Initiative during the maker madness of the Denver Mini Maker Faire @ Denver Museum of Nature & Science on June 12-14.
See details below.
You will explore and learn…
- Why Making is mindset for life, not just robots and tinkering
- How you can use Making with your students in your classrooms
- The basics of setting up Maker spaces and integrating curriculum
- How big ideas (design thinking, agile innovation) can have small, successful starts
- How Making can help you increase student learning, creativity, engagement and (yes) fun!
Friday, June 12 Framing, Foundations and Fun! 3-6 pm
Join us Friday night for a series of talks to get you talking – and connected to fellow teachers and leaders. Try your hand at making while exploring opportunities for making in your classroom and school.
Friday, June 12 Meet the Makers VIP Party! 6-8 pm
Grab a drink courtesy of Design EDU and come to meet the Makers (as well as your fellow teachers and leaders!) We’ll have tech toys to play with from Mod Robot and Sphero as well as a hands-on design challenge from Design EDU to get your juices flowing. Prizes will be awarded for the best ideas of the evening.
Saturday and Sunday, June 13-14 – Maker Faire Adventures and Maker ED Design Experience 9-5 pm both days
Through a series of workshops, talks, and explorations on the Maker Faire floor, teachers and leaders will take home tons of ideas you can immediately integrate in your school and classroom. Sessions will include:
- Help Me! Hack It! – On topics including Space, Technology, Curriculum, Assessments, STE(A)M
- Big Ideas, Small Starts– Explore how to use big ideas like Design Thinking, Agile Innovation, Connected Communities and Co-Creative Leadership to make change in your own school, classroom and beyond
- Hands On Workshops– These workshops are limited to 30 people on a first come, first serve basis. They will include deep dives into topics like “Designing a Hacker Space” and design challenges that you can use immediately in your classroom
Partners and presenters include Colorado Maker Hub, Mackintosh Academy, Colorado Association for Gifted and Talented Creativity and Innovation Committee, 520 Collective, Colorado Academy, DesignEDU, Sphero, Spark Fun, St. Vrain Innovation Center, Denver Public Library and Verses Education.
Ready to join us in hacking your classroom or school? Register now for one of the 100 Morgridge Scholarship tickets for a free VIP Educator Package including
- Friday afternoon special speakers and workshops
- VIP reception with makers and sponsors Friday evening
- Maker Faire entry tickets for both Saturday and Sunday
- Access to all educator presentations and workshops through the weekend
- Continuing Ed certificate
- Ongoing cohort through the year to share information and resources
- A special, hand-crafted Maker Ed Initiative Name Badge made in the fablab at Colorado Academy
To register now, go to Denver Mini Maker Faire/ Maker Ed